Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day...


I'm a simple girl.  It doesn't take along to make me happy.  But yesterday certainly exceeded all of my expectations with it's perfect simplicity.

After the boys' faith formation class and a trip to the gym for me (See? I must be loving it when I don't use Mother's Day as an excuse to get out of exercising)., we came home and packed a picnic.  We gathered all of our sand toys, sunscreen, and a blanket and headed for one of my favorite local spots.  Usually Mother's Day is rainy - and if not rainy, then cool and cloudy.  But this year?  The perfect sunny day and a high in the 80's.  So we headed down to the river.


For a couple hours, we read, played, build sand castles, and threw rocks into the water.  We enjoyed our picnic, and watched eagles soar overhead.  I was in heaven.

After we'd had our fair share of sunshine, we headed home where we got ready for our guests - my mother and father-in-law.  We grilled burgers and shared the evening together.  The boys entertained us with stories and songs, and we indulged in yummy brownies and ice cream.

And gifts?  I was so very fortunate - the boys picked out some beautiful earrings and a butterfly wing necklace that are just my style.  And from Dan?  Tile for the bathroom floor that I have wanted to re-do since we moved in. I couldn't be luckier.





It doesn't have to be fancy.  Or complicated.  Some sun, some water, some comfort food, and lots of love.

It was a perfect Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment