It's been a while. The whirlwind of May turned into the tornado of early June and then end of school. Where it went, I'm not exactly sure...
But here I sit just after the summer solstice, ready to look ahead. The boys and I are 2 weeks into summer vacation, and it's already been great. But there are many weeks to go, and we want to make the most of every moment. SO, in the ever-popular fashion, we thought we'd share our summer bucket list:
1. Sleep under the stars
2. Ride the motorcycle (Dan only!)
3. Build a sand castle
4. Play in the river
5. Splash in the wading pool
6. Hang out at the water park
7. Eat watermelon
8. Read. Read a lot.
9. Try camps (vacation bible school for both boys, Lego camp for Max, and basketball camp for Luke)
10. Roast marshmallows
11. Swim in a lake
12. Learn to kayak
13. Have a sleepover with the grandparents
14. Make ice cream and popsicles
15. Enjoy playdates with friends
16. Take a nap in a hammock
17. Dine outdoors
18. Tackle home projects - the boys' bathroom and the deck are the main priorities
19. Cuddle. Cuddle a lot..
20. Spend time strengthening relationships - with each other, our families, and our friends
The challenge of for our family is that ever-constant search for balance. We want to experience all the joy and fun that the season brings, with it's warmer temperatures and longer days. But we also want to enjoy the time to relax - to not be on the go all the time. Finding a way to do both is a struggle.
But it's work we're more than happy to do!