Friday, May 13, 2011

A sunny afternoon...

Here in the Pacific Northwest, a sunny afternoon in spring is cause for major celebration.  This week has brought us a few of them - joy is running high around here. In our small world, this usually translates to a stop at a park on the way home from school. We can only stay an hour before we need to get home and make dinner, but that simple hour is precious. I look forward to these outings as much as the boys, and never want to forget them.  But, I also don't typically have me big camera (our DSLR) with me, and the point and shoot is just frustrating in what I am not able to capture. And in my world, unphotographed = undocumented = quickly forgotten.

So, today's post is largely for myself.  The opportunity to write down those park moments from this week that I want to hang on to:

Mama and Daddy Geese and their 6 little goslings

  Sliding down the fire pole by himself

Watching out for littler ones on the playground

Freckles appearing on the bridge of his nose

Rolling down the giant hill, then running back up only to do it again

Reading on a bench in the sun

"Will it sink or float?" at the duck pond

Sticks for whacking, throwing, carting home

"I did it!"

Head laying in my lap because he's hungry, and he can't play when he's hungry

Big belly laughs together

Magic spaceship plots and pirate chases 

Gathering acorns

What-if and why and how come?


We love the park.  It brings out the best in each of us.  And speaking of which, it's time to head there now!

No comments:

Post a Comment