Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Down the rabbit hole...

Alas, once again I have fallen down the rabbit hole.  Posts that have been written only in my head have been frequent, but committing to sharing them hasn't.  Don't worry - I haven't forgotten you, and deeply appreciate that anyone takes time out of their busy days to read my thoughts.

It's pointless to say that life has been busy.  It is that way for all of us.  And it seems like we are all waiting for that time just around the corner when our calendars clear and time is abundant.  Even my recently retired father has commented about the fact that his life doesn't seem all that much more free now that he no longer has the obligations of employment (he has since joined search and rescue, and the training for that has been intense, so that may be a part of the issue...). And as the mom of two young children, I know that the years ahead are only going to fill up faster. Ack!

So I'm going to jump back in with Mother's Day.  It was rainy, cool, and wonderful. I was lucky to get to share it with some of my favorite women on the planet - my mother, my mother-in-law, and my sister-in-law. We spent the morning at the tulip fields, then came home for brunch.  We spent time laughing and playing with two very active boys.  I was even given the gift I was hoping for - a clothesline! I couldn't have asked for anything more.


But there's always a little bit of sadness that goes along with Mother's Day.  For the mothers who aren't with us any more.  For those women who want to be mothers, but aren't, for one reason or another.  For all those pains that come when things aren't picture perfect on a day that is supposed to be. People I know are out there hurting. And this Mother's Day adds a little salt to tender wounds.


I know I am blessed.  I try really hard not to forget it.  And with this face staring at me, how could I?

1 comment: