Monday, April 25, 2011

Ten good things...

On this blustery Monday, there are so many things to be thankful for:

1. Playoff basketball.  I love my Blazers, and love that they are working so hard to play a great series against Dallas.

2. The little one just looked outside and said, "It looks like the wind is doing exercise with it's arms!"

3. Days at the park are back!  We had our first picnic of the year on Saturday, and are already planning the next one.

4. The fashion choices of my little one - cowboy hat and swim shorts for the park, undershirt and necktie for riding his scooter. He likes to be inspired when dressing, and very much considers the dress up box to be part of his closet.

5. Baking bread.  It is a skill I covet - but one that will take a lot more practice.

6. A good book trumps all in our home.  Case in point: the little one stopped to read an old favorite right in the middle of hunting for Easter eggs.

7. Our oldest is not shy.  When he's got something to say, he'll say it.  And if a microphone can be involved, it's all the better. While I can't identify, I'm happy he feels so comfortable.

8. Reusable water bottles.  Keeping them around everywhere helps us all to drink a lot more water, and there's no waste.

9. Music.  Everywhere.  Constantly.

10. A mother-son wrestling match in the puddles of sunlight on the carpet.  Lots of laughing.  And I'm all for taking them to the mat while I still can.

inspired by Amanda...

No comments:

Post a Comment