Monday, December 20, 2010

Love those days...

At the risk of  two sugary posts in a row, yesterday was one of those days.  The really good ones.  The ones that make you feel like all is right in the world. And it couldn't have come at a better time. What made it so great, you ask?  Well:

1. Divided grocery shopping - Instead of all going together, and then dealing with the boys bickering their way through the store, we now use shopping as time for one-on-one time.  One kid comes with me, the other stays home with Dad.  Each kiddo gets attention, the shopping gets done, and there's no fighting.

2. Lots of "elving" (a term borrowed form Amanda Soule) going on - Lots of sneaking around crafting for others in the home.  I hear tales of a rocket ship being built with Daddy, and I have assisted in the creation of a treasure box.  There are plans for snowglobes and maybe even some hand sewing to be done in the next day or two.

3. Crafting time - I've been doing a little of my own elving.  Pajama pants are in order for everyone, and two pairs were finished yesterday, with the pattern-making and cutting done for the other two pairs. A cute felt gnome was also begun.



4. Baking together - With the help of both boys - and that's ACTUAL help, not "help" - we made sugar cookies, frosting, and chocolate krinkles.  They are getting better at measuring, and love rolling out dough and cutting shapes.  Turns out that the key is having two stools, and different work stations for each.



5. Delicious dinner - enough said.

6. A few snowflakes - just a few.  Not enough to stick - but enough to make the evening feel even more magical.

For a homebody like myself, this was just what I needed.  Christmas music, twinkle lights, and hot beverages. Very few arguments. Lots of laughter. Perfect.

I hope you are finding your own moments of perfection in all the hustle and preparations. I'd love to hear what is right in your world - just leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Two step stools! Who would have thought! Along with the great ideas, I just love the practical tid bits you share that make life easier =)

    ReplyDelete