Sunday, March 13, 2011

End of Week 1: Check In

It's Sunday night.  I'm ready for bed, but wanted to check in here and share how the week has ended up. To be honest, I'm feeling a bit tired, overwhelmed, and out of time.  It was a busy weekend in our world (school auction, birthday party, many errands, many items on the to-do list that never even got touched), and to have self-imposed organization deadlines on top of it all felt over the top.

But, here's a check-in on Project:Simplify.  Remember - the "hot spot:" for this week was the master bedroom closet.  And you know what?  I did get it done.  With the help of IKEA and the purchase of long-desired wooden hangers and three bags of clothes destined for yard sale or goodwill, it's looking a lot better.  See for yourself:
                                     
Before  

After 
So, it's getting better.  And tonight I tackled some of the other piles around the room, so there are just a few things left.  But I am bumping into the wall of frustration that comes when I start to really clean out and organize an area - I begin to notice all of the other issues and spots where we've let things accumulate.  All the other "hot spots" are jumping out at me.  In fact, the whole house feels like a giant hot spot.  I'm trying to breathe deeply and trust that the next 4 weeks will address some of those and remember that it didn't get messy in a week, and it won't all get fixed in a week.

Tomorrow night I will be doing a 30 Day Vegan check in - I've finished the first 7 of 30 days, and it's been an interesting ride so far. But tonight, I'm going to work on one of my goals - getting to bed on time.  

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I love those hangers. Def putting those on my Ikea "must have" list! Great job, and I know the too tired feeling too well these days. Take of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I need to know where you shop because you have cute clothes! :)

    ReplyDelete