Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A weekend away...

While we are definite homebodies, every once in a while we enjoy a weekend away.  One of our favorite places to go is my parents' home.  They have 40 acres just outside a beautiful tourist town where there's never a shortage of  fun to be had.

This weekend was perfect - we spent Saturday hanging out with my parents, talking a walk along the river, and playing.  Then on Sunday, my parents took the boys up the their cabin and left Dan and I alone for 24 hours. We watched movies (The Descendants and Tinker Tailor Sailor Spy in the theater, The Help at home), had an amazing lunch at a brew pub (10 Barrel Brewing), and reveled in the lack of responsibility. And while I never loved farm chores when I lived at home, getting to go back now and bottle feed calves and use the four-wheeler to feed the cows is a lot of fun on the occasional weekend.








Thanks, Mom and Dad, for a great time.  It was a perfect winter pick-me-up, and the time both as a family and as a couple is so necessary. We can't wait until the next time!

2 comments:

  1. Um, do your parents own a FARM? How in the world did I not know this? A dairy farm? A hobby farm? OMG. Can I come visit you like tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Stef, I grew up on a 40 acre hobby farm. We have cows and horses, and I raised pigs in 4H. And you are welcome any time!!

      Delete