Saturday, January 29, 2011

Right now...

  •  The boys are upstairs playing together - it involves football, jerseys, and trucks.  More than that, I cannot say.  They're getting along, so I'm not interrupting.
  • Dan's on the couch, working on his laptop.  Walter the Cat is curled into his side.
  • A load of towels is finishing in the dryer, and the load of sheets in the washer is ready to take their place.
  • I'm on my laptop next to the fireplace - there's no fire, but I love the light in this room this time of day.
  • Hummingbirds are coming by every few minutes to fill up on the fresh nectar the boys and I made this morning
  • Dishes are finally in the dishwasher - but it took a while today.  We were all avoiding them.
  • I think it may be time to take down the Christmas Card garland - but I have so loved seeing all the beautiful faces of our friends and family on a daily basis.
  • On the holiday note, I've been bookmarking Valentines ideas for the boys - tonight we should decide, and begin them tomorrow.  I've learned the key for us is spreading them out over time - 20 of anything at once is a lot for those under 5.
  • Still don't know what we're having for dinner.  It may be a Costco hotdog so we can get two things done at once...
  • But after eating breakfast out, that's feeling a little overboard.
  • I'm thankful for a quiet afternoon - we spent the morning at the Children's Museum, so this is a nice contrast.
  • Know I should get to sewing the backing for a quilt, but can't get the motivation to cut 10 yards of fabric.
  • Hope to seam up some fingerless mittens I finished knitting last night.
  • We may be a little closer to the school decisions for next year - now we're just waiting for things to fall into place.
  • Love Saturdays. 

1 comment:

  1. 2 things - I LOVE Saturdays too. And, I also need to get the backing of a quilt cut and sewn. :)

    ReplyDelete